ARRL Form FSD-157 On-Line
1.Nature of Activity:
Amateurs supplied communications required to replace or supplement normal communications means.
Amateurs were deployed for emergency communications, but emergency
situation did not develop.
Amateurs supplied communications for a parade, race, etc.
Test or drill
A training activity in which amateurs participated.
2. Brief description of activity:
2004 Jr Yukon Quest for young mushers 14-17 years old
3. Places or areas involved:
Fairbanks to Twin Bears and back 120 miles
4. Number of amateurs participating:
5. Event start date/time:
Feb 7, 2004 8AM
6. Event end date/time:
Feb 8, 2004 4PM
7.DuratIon of event:
8. Total man-hours:
9.Number of repeaters used:
10. EstImated manpower cost (man-hours times $lOIhr):
11. EstImated cost ofequIpment used (hand-heids, repeaters, etc.):
12. Total estimated cost of service (add amounts from lInes 10 and 11):
13. Nets andlor frequencIes used (Including repeater call signs):
444.60 finples ling from start/finish to Net Control at theComm Center. 144.88 main repeater, KL7KC repeater system, 146.79 repeater, 147.12 repeater. KL7KC Net Control Callsign.
14. Number of messageshandled: continuous
15. Names of agencies receMng communications support:
Jr Yukon Quest Yukon Quest Canada Yukon Quest Alaska
16.Please list call signs of amateurs who were major participants:
KE4ITP AD4BL KL7EBF KL7YU KL1FD KLILPN WL7CRD WL7CRE AL7EX
KLIAZ KLIJP NITX KLIBE KLOOZ WL7CRE WIL7UB NOEGHKCOCWG KLtoc~
17. Other comments:
We also had the assistance at the start by the Eielson AFB Civil Air Patrol Cadets who coordinated comms between the staging area and net control. We had the largest field of entrants thus far so the history of the event.
Name of Amateur Radio organization providing service:
Arctic Amataur Radio Club
Location of organization:
City or town: Fairbanks State: AK
Your name and callsign:
Name: Linda Mullen Calisign: AD4BL
Your address and telephone:
Street: 4555 Melan Dr N
City: Fairbanks State: AK Zipcode: 99712
ARRL appointment(s), if any: SEC STM ORS OES TC
Your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3/17/2d04 ii .~X AM